FM 101 gives users the essential skills required as the foundation for every PIPE-FLO modeling effort. Students learn the fundamental theory and principles behind the hydraulic analysis and gain hands-on experience going through the workflow of setting up the modeling environment - defining fluids, pipe schedules, and units to be used - while learning how to use the interface to set up the FLO-Sheet and build a basic fluid model.
- Become familiar with PIPE-FLO interface and features available
- Learn how to set up a PIPE-FLO model
- Be able to match modeling workflows with data available
- Gain an understanding of governing theories through validation exercises
- Discover industry standards used for component analysis
- Gain hands-on experience using PIPE-FLO to model a simple piping system