FM 105 equips users to utilize the capability of the powerful heat transfer devices in PIPE-FLO - the heat source/sink and the heat exchanger - along with their process control methods. Students will learn the theory and parameters associated with these devices and how to apply them to real-world situations by designing them into common applications using the hands-on virtual lab environment. Sizing for flow, temperature, and heat dissipation are all discussed and practiced.
- See how hydraulic and thermal analysis work together in PIPE-FLO
- Become familiar with fundamental concepts and standards associated with heat transfer
- Learn key design and operating parameters for heat exchangers
- Evaluate heat transfer equipment operating under various conditions and control methods
- Apply learnings through hands-on exercises"