FM 104 provides users with both the fundamentals as well as hands-on lab work to gain an in-depth understanding of the control and instrument devices modeled in PIPE-FLO. The parameters associated with sizing and designing control valves, pressure relief devices, balancing orifices, and meters will be discussed and put into practice in the virtual lab. Exercises using PIPE-FLO will reinforce the workflow to create a piping system digital twin, understand how results can be used as virtual instrumentation, and better understand how to evaluate calculated results of each device.
- Gain an appreciation for how a PIPE-FLO model can be used as virtual instrumentation
- Learn design and operating parameters for control valves, pressure relief valves, meters, and orifices
- Become familiar with industry standards for control and instrument devices how fundamental hydraulic concepts and standards associated with pumps and fans are used in system analysis
- Understand how to evaluate control devices operating under various conditions and operating modes
- Learn the causes and effects of choked flow conditions
- Apply learnings through practical exercises"