Modern Data Centers have challenges for cooling and temperature management of increasingly dense heat loads. In FM-308 we will show students how PIPE-FLO can be used to analyze the air handling within a server room, the chilled water delivery for liquid cooled systems and troubleshoot common issues with heat transfer and the facility side of data center operations. Using dynamic flow modeling, PIPE-FLO can show users how to maximize the capability of their data center cooling system and avoid overloading key components.
- Use duct device and determine pressure and flow requirements for sizing fans
- Heat exchanger sizing and modeling in PIPE-FLO, including an over view on plate heat exchangers
- Develop and analyze redundant piping and fluid delivery system
- Trouble shoot heat exchanger fouling
- Create dynamic modeling techniques to balance increasing heat loads