FM 301 teaches users how to combine the various devices they mastered in FM201 and the FM100 series classes into the more complex open path, branching piping systems and sub-systems for greater understanding of their operation and design. Students will learn the engineering principles and applications associated with these types of systems, and hands-on exercises will reinforce learning how to use PIPE-FLO to size equipment, understand system behavior and interactions under various conditions, and troubleshoot issues.
- Augment learnings from FM-201 - Modeling Simple Open Path Systems in PIPE-FLO
- Learn how to create effective models of complex branching systems
- Explore the more complex interactions of branched systems with different operating scenarios
- Understand how to identify and resolve real-world issues seen in branching systems by using a digital twin
- Gain experience working hands-on with PIPE-FLO with exercises using more complex branching systems
- Reinforce the modeling workflow for branching systems